Sir William Orpen Statue Plaque

Sir William Orpen Statue

Sir William Orpen Statue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Stillorgan Chamber of Commerce, spearheaded by local photographer Dominic Lee completed an exciting project to erect a bronze sculpture of Stillorgan born artist Sir William Orpen.  The sculpture by Rowan Gillespie was unveiled outside the Talbot Hotel in September 2018.

Sir William Orpen Statue - PlaqueA plaque to thank all the sponsors has been erected.  The Mount Merrion Residents Association contributed €1,000 towards the scuplture.  For full details of the project see http://www.sirwilliamorpen.com or stroll down to the hotel to view the sculpture.

Deerpark Alert for Dog Owners

DLRcc are investigating reports of alleged dog poisoning in Deerpark. They can confirm that dlr staff have not laid any poison or treatments within the park grounds and they are taking these reports very seriously.

Ark Vetcare Kilmacud have advised dog owners to err on the side of caution and not to allow their dogs off lead or into the wooded area for the moment. Please let us know if you see anything unusual in the park.

read more

Flanagan’s Site article in Irish Times June 19th

Article in The Irish Times Commercial Property Supplement on June 19th, 2019 notes that developer Oakmount has commenced the construction of 52 apartments on the prominent Flanagan’s of Mount Merrion site.  Click on link below for details.... read more

Kids Poster Competition – “Reopen Glenalbyn Pool”

The Friends of Glenalbyn group are holding an competition this Saturday June 15th for local primary school kids. Children are invited to make a big Poster that says REOPEN GLENALBYN POOL – it must bigger than A3 and include artwork using any medium and they must bring it along on the day (accompanied by a parent or guardian).

read more

Reopen Glenalbyn Pool Protest 12pm Saturday 15th

The Friends of Glenalbyn group who are lobbying for Glenalbyn Swimming Pool to be reopened invite the residents of Mount Merrion to join them at a protest meeting this Saturday 15th at 12:00 noon. There is also a poster art competition for kids on the day.

read more

Subscribe for regular news updates

Mount Merrion is a suburban estate in South County Dublin developed on lands once the seat of the Viscounts Fitwilliam. Centred around the Deerpark, a public park first landscaped by the 5th Viscount, and the remains of the house he built there in 1711, Mount Merrion today is generally considered to be bounded to the North by The UCD campus at Belfield, to the East by the N11 and Booterstown and Blackrock, to the South by Stillorgan and Kilmacud, and to the West by Goatstown and Clonskeagh.  *Lower Kilmacud Road residents on the right-hand-side from Stillorgan Shoping Centre, odd numbers 101 to 167, including 111a, are within Mount Merrion demense.  The Mount Merrion Residents Association, founded in 1935, is the oldest residents’ association in continuous existence in Ireland. It represents the following roads:
  • Callary Road
  • Cedarmount Road
  • Cherry Garth
  • Chestnut Road
  • Clonmore Road
  • The Close
  • Cypress Road
  • Deerpark Road
  • Fosters Avenue
  • The Fosters
  • Glenabbey Road
  • Greenfield Road
  • Greygates
  • Iris Grove
  • Lower Kilmacud Road (partial)
  • Mather Road North
  • Mather Road South
  • Mount Anville Road
  • North Avenue
  • Owenstown Park
  • Redesdale Crescent
  • Redesdale Road
  • The Rise
  • Roebuck Ave
  • St Thomas Road
  • St Thomas Mead
  • South Avenue
  • Sycamore Road
  • Sycamore Cresent
  • Sycamore Avenue
  • Thornhill Road
  • Trees Avenue
  • Trees Road Lower
  • Trees Road Upper
  • Wilson Crescent
  • Wilson Road
At its peak, Mount Merrion rises to 82m (269ft) above sea level.